Friday 25 May 2012

Chilli Bean Wraps (BFF)

It's that time of the week again. It's Boy Food Friday. I cheated a little this week. I made a huge vat pot of 5-bean chilli earlier in the week and gave some to a friend who is having their kitchen done. It means BFF tonight is technically leftovers. Except that I bought tortilla wraps (should have made them, but had a hair appointment very important meeting scheduled) and assembled a few extra bits to jazz it all up.

We also had tortilla crisps, some chopped tomatoes/cucumber, diced cheddar (would you forgive me if I admitted that I couldn't be bothered to grate it?), creme fraiche (sshhhh, healthier than sour cream, I won't tell if you won't) and hot sauce.


I can't take the credit for the hot sauce, although I have tweaked the recipe very slightly. It is a thing of wonder. You simply whizz the following ingredients in a blender:
  • a tin of tomatoes
  • some lime juice
  • some honey
  • a good amount of fresh coriander
  • as many chillies as you can handle
It tastes even better the next day, if it lasts that long.

I also got my ice-cream maker out of the cupboard. I haven't used it in quite a while which is disappointing when you consider that ice-cream is probably my favourite food. Even more than so chocolate. Or cake. Or even triple chocolate and sour cherry brownies. I made a dark chocolate gelato to use up the egg yolks left over from making a pavlova* for a BBQ tomorrow. I have a feeling the well scraped plates and bowls tell me that the gorgeous husband and the amazing sons are pretty full right now.


*The pavlova has just been consumed by us and some friends, but I managed to snap a photo before it was demolished. I can recommend mixing the whipped cream with low-fat greek yoghurt to make it slightly healthier. Which in my book just means that you can eat more.......




No comments:

Post a Comment