Thursday 3 February 2011

Fudged Fudge....

I bought some very cheap peanut butter yesterday. It's actually ok, even more than ok. You wouldn't know it was the cheap stuff. Other than putting it in sandwiches for the sons with some raspberry jam I had an urge to make peanut butter fudge. I found a recipe and then hugely adapted it based on what I had at home......hence the name fudged fudge as I sort of made it up as I went along.

65g butter
250g dark brown sugar
100g full fat cream cheese
60ml semi-skimmed milk
150g crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g icing sugar
50g dark chocolate (broken up - again, the cheap stuff)
50g cocoa powder

1. melt the butter in a pan over a low heat
2. add the dark brown sugar, cream cheese and milk - stir well until combined
3. bring to the boil for about 3 minutes only stirring if it looks like frothing over the sides of the pan!
4. remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract
5. put the icing sugar, dark chocolate and cocoa powder into a large bowl
6. pour the warm mixture over the icing sugar etc in the bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth
7. pour into a square baking tray (I use a silicon one for ease of removal!), smooth the top with a spatula
8. put into the fridge to set once it has cooled slightly, then cut into squares and enjoy!

Simple really - hoping it is nice as I could be tempted to make lots as presents. I'll try to post a photo or two of the finished results.

No comments:

Post a Comment