Saturday 8 October 2011

Bad Muffin Good Cake

It's been a baking week of lows and highs. With too many over-ripe bananas in the house I started by making banana and cinnamon muffins. They were simply dreadful. I don't know what I did wrong, but the tops were overcooked, the bottoms undercooked and they totally failed to rise.


Not one to be easily defeated I set my sights on some of the challenges on the recent Great British Bake Off. I think I managed 3 in one day - the brandy snaps, the tarte au citron, and the sachertorte. The brandy snaps and tarte have already been devoured and were pretty delicious. The sachertorte is to take with us when we go out for dinner tonight. I only hope it tastes as good as it looks.


The focacia and the iced fingers are next on my list, and possibly my old nemesis - macaroons.

No comments:

Post a Comment