Tuesday 31 May 2011

At A Loss....

After a 3 1/2 week term (seriously) the amazing sons are back on holiday for half-term. Most children get 1 week for a half-term, mine get 2. I'm not complaining as I work at their school but for the first time ever I have found myself at a bit of a loss as to what to do. Not that I had got as far as suggesting a game of football. I wasn't that desperate.

A cunning plan has been hatched to keep them entertained and me sane. I have written 'treats' for us to do each day on bits of paper, folded them and coded them with a symbol - sunny day, wet day, big treat day. They choose a treat and we enjoy. Today it was going to the library (they've been wanting to go for weeks) and getting a cone of chips on the way for lunch. Now they are reading books and watching a film they borrowed. Long may the peace last!

I'll keep you updated as to what else we get up to shortly - and may even remember to take a photograph too.

No comments:

Post a Comment